2.14.2007

Best girlfriend in the world

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love the google chocolate dipped strawberry heart...go look...so cute!

My girlfriend is the best ever because she created such lovely Valentine's surprises for me including sending me roses to work yesterday, making me a nano mix with pictures of us for each song (she's tech savvy, too!) and a Tiffany's Frank Gehry square ring. Ahhhh! Let me just gush for a moment. Pickle is the best at picking out presents for me and thinking of me in general. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful girlfriend.

This is what the ring looks like:

And here is what's on my extra-special, just for me Valentine's mix (of course I have linked some of my favorites to share since I love that I figured out how to that):

DON'T LOOK BESO! (this is what the playlist was called on the computer at home)

1. Happy Valentine's Day - Outkast
2. Wonderful You - Audra McDonald
3. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins
4. You Make Me Wanna - Usher (this one cracked me up on the subway this morning! She let me listen on the crowded train by myself as long as I showed her the pictures as each new song came up.)
5. Moondance - Van Morrison
6. Fever - Peggy Lee
7. These Words - Natasha Bedingfield
8. The Way You Move - Outkast
9. It's Love - Blossom Dearie
10. Take Me Anywhere - Tegan and Sara
11. Let's Get Physical - Olivia Newton John (yes...I love ONJ...I think this means I have made her watch Xanadu a few too many times.)
12. L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
13. Cupcake - Nelly McKay
14. They Say It's Spring - Erin McKeown
15. For Once In My Life - Tony Bennet and Stevie Wonder
16. Any Way You Want It - Journey
17. I'll Take Romance - George Shearing and Ernestine Anderson
18. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Lauryn Hill
19. Knock Me a Kiss - Ruth Brown (this one's picture is the ink painting from my senior exhibition of Pickle.)
20. So Happy Together - The Turtles
21. The Nearness of You - Sarah Vaughan

Hooray! I love you completely, beso.

1 comment:

Jake said...

you know, sophie b. hawkins and melissa etheridge do a nice live duet of damn i wish i was your lover, in case you were wondering...that and my dogs name is sophie...and i like melissa...i think ive rambled enough, hope all is going well-

jake