4.06.2007

happy friday!

Thank god it is Friday. I said "Jesus!" in exclamation about something just a second ago and I felt like such a rebel, and then I thought I might offend someone, but NO ONE WAS AROUND (except for my Jewish co-worker friend). The elevator doors opened this morning and everything was dark. All the lights were off except our corner of the floor. This was so unusual because my office is usually over-lit in fluorescent glory...white shiny walls that reflect it off of our new, totally unnecessary, bright, shiny logo. The receptionist wasn't there and the other half of the floor inhabited by a sister company have the day off. This is when it is weird to be in TV, especially on the side for the commercials, because the "show" must still go on.

Someone asked what I was doing for easter and I said nothing. They seemed surprised. I've never done anything big for easter. We just didn't do it in my family...maybe there were easter baskets when we were younger, but only for the sake of candy.

Olive has been a pain. I am reading the same sentences over and over again in the "Pugs for Dummies" handbook about training. Stopping barking, jumping up, biting, and making pee outside. I agree with what it says so I think we are doing all the right things. It just takes time because she isn't even 4 months old yet.

I am having a good morning even though I was up at 5-ish the last two days. Yesterday morning I thought it was 6:30 and in fact it was 5:30 -- it seemed a bit dark, but I proceeded to get dressed to take Olive out until my girlfriend so kindly reminded me of the time. Piddle pad, back in crate, listen to some whining. I shouldn't complain too much. This is what I signed up for. This morning I was able to go back to sleep after her 5am piddle, so maybe that is why I am in a good mood. Also, I've had a breakfast wrap (courtesy of you know who) and 2 cups of coffee. I was even humming when my cube-mate came in. She was shocked.

I want to get my haircut this weekend and do a big chop back to how it was, but I am not sure. I will probably decide last minute what to do with it, a trim vs. bigger chop, but it is getting too long (for me) and thick and hot and difficult to deal with. It has gotten past the point of the quick blow-dry straighter. I also cut myself bangs a couple of months ago (only to be fixed by my mom's hair lady) so that is another hurdle. They are long enough now that I would be willing to make all of my hair about that length. Hmmm...I'm leaning toward big summer chop. Our apartment is always so hot because of the vertical heat pipes that as it gets warmer (not today -- it was snowing again after it did yesterday as well! Seriously, WTF?) I also think my current hairstyle is too square. I'd like to be edgier. I used to be edgier. I miss it.

No comments: